Andrea offers a unique blend of expertise to assist high school families through the college search and application process. With an extensive background in marketing and communications, and more recently in writing coaching and tutoring, she can help students bridge the gap between what they have achieved during high school and how they present themselves to the colleges of their choice.
Andrea Epstein has spent more than 25 years in marketing, communications, writing and promotion. In addition to senior executive positions in Fortune 500 companies and several global non-profit organizations, Andrea has served as a trade magazine Editor-in-Chief and is a published freelance writer.
In recent years, Andrea has assisted numerous high school students as a writing coach and tutor and has provided college consulting support to families in the Orange County, California area. Andrea has helped students with special talents in the performing arts, as well as scientific research, to present their achievements in dynamic supplements. She is a mother of three who have enjoyed great success in college and beyond at UCSB ’13, Duke ’16, Duke ’21.
Education and Credentials
- B.A. degree, Brown University, magna cum laude
- M.S. degree in Management, M.I.T. Sloan School of Management
- Certificate, Independent Educational Consultant, UC Irvine
- Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA), Associate Member
- Alumni Interviewer, Brown University (10+ years). Served as Regional Coordinator for the Orange County Alumni Interviewing Program.
- Career/Management Advisor, M.I.T. Alumni Advisor Hub
- Class Representative, Duke Parent Advisory Council (DPAC)
Extracurricular Activities and Interests
- Volunteer for several non-profits: Glaucoma Research Foundation (Development Committee) and Global Genes (Advisor).
- Passion projects: Voracious reader of literary fiction, freelance writing, indie movies, French cooking and visiting new colleges — especially in Northern California, New England and North Carolina, not coincidentally where her grown children reside!